The William S. Baer School Partnership Board
The William S. Baer School Partnership Board was established in 1994 and is a separate 501© 3 non-profit organization whose membership consists of community leaders, educators, and businesspeople. The mission of the Board is to raise additional funds to support the special needs of our students, and to secure volunteers for the school. All money raised by the Partnership Board goes directly to meeting the therapeutic needs of the children. Since 1994, the board has raised millions in private funding for the Baer children.
Board-funded projects have included:
- specialized therapeutic equipment for children;
- a renovated playground;
- a music garden;
- an on-site therapeutic swimming pool;
- technology intiatives for classrooms;
- a state-of-the art kitchen, Dot’s Cucina;
- the installation of air conditioners in every classroom and office;
- bathroom upgrades and renovations; and
- class trips where children can practice life skills firsthand in real-life settings such as in shopping centers, stores, or on public transportation. These trips supplement the skills and concepts of Baer’s Life Skills-based curriculum.
The Baer School’s public and private partnership succeeds because both work together for the benefit of the children. Without one, the other could not achieve such successes.
To help support Baer children, please visit our Donate page.
For volunteer opportunities, please visit Volunteer.
Partnership Board Members 2018-2019
- T. Graham Kastendike, Kastendike Insurance Group LLC/ Maury Donnelly and Parr Inc.
- Charles Roebuck III, H.G. Roebuck, Inc.
- Mary McWilliams, Warner Graham Corp, Retired
- Zulema Sockwell Moore
- Ed Audy, Waverly Construction
- Gordon Becker, The Becker Group
- Carmella Bell, Attorney
- Jacqueline Caldwell, Greater Mondawmin Committee
- Patrick Crouse, Baer School Principal, Retired
- Joshua A. Deckelbaum, General Growth Properties
- Robert Ellrich, Lincoln Financial
- Sonia Gann, Baltimore City Schools, Retired
- Clay Goodier, Goodier & Baker, LLC
- Paula Gore, Civic Volunteer
- Joe Hart, GBMC
- Sanjeev Joshi, Brown Advisory
- Chris Kastendike, Kastendike Insurance Group LLC/ Maury Donnelly and Parr. Inc.
- Debbie Kastendike, Civic Volunteer
- Eric Kastendike, Kastendike Insurance Group LLC/ Maury Donnelly and Parr. Inc.
- Jack McWilliams, Founder, Maxalea Nurseries, Retired
- Dorothy Rosenberg, Rosemore, Inc.
- Donna Shapiro
- Michael Shore, Brown Advisory
- Benjamin Wolf, Pessin Katz